NA2Ws philosophy is about learning to change slowly, step by step, to renew yourself. It not only focuses on human behavior and attitude as well as therapeutic methods that allow analyzing and editing in making specific gradual changes in behavior problems.
We will advise and support to make behavior transformations in order to achieve life-changing targets with the added benefit of a permanent healthy body weight to feel great about yourself.
A good lifestyle coach does not tell you what to see but where to look, not what to do, but what the possibilities are. Ultimately the choices must be made by you.
Learning about fresh ideas and getting in touch with other people wrestling with the same issues can also be very helpful motivating you.
We focus on:
- Weight loss and overeating (healthy nutritional habits)
- Anxiety and stress (stress relief, relaxation technics)
- Depression and low-esteem
- Assertiveness (ambitious, enterprising)
- Exercise (exercise for psychosomatic health)
- Relations with others, social anxieties, and social skills
- Smoking, drinking and using drugs (addiction)
- Time management and Study skills
We adopted some of the fundamentals of the Watson and Tharp “Self-Directed Behavior” textbook [E69], and "Born to Win", Transactional Analysis with Gestalt Experiments. Muriel James, Ed.D., and Dorothy Jongeward, Ph.D. [E59] Plus, fundamentally modernized a behavior modification program available through the German workbook "Sich ändern lernen" [D28] written by behavior therapists Teegen, Grundmann and Röhrs of the University of Hamburg. The program was developed, tested and published in in the mid 70’s.
We have added five essential sections to the program:
• Online communication (Webinars, and small online groups or private counseling. Accessible incognito if you wish to go through our proprietary software that was developed specifically for the sole purpose of online counseling )
• Health (symptoms, allergies, psychosomatic)
• Genetics (heredity, DNA)
• Activities (physical, mental, intellectual)
• Nutrition (availability, unsuitable, healthy)
The program aims to:
Guide you to recognize with more clarity about your problems and circumstances and to rethink your needs and objectives;
♦ Encourage effective strategies to achieve goals;
♦ Help you to become more independent from undesirable temptations.
The program focuses on a slow adjustment in lifestyle habits with emphasis on cooperation and setting realistic goals. One step at a time, in the time it takes to reach a rehabilitated you.
Example: The “Diet” Concept
You didn’t put all this weight on overnight. No, it might have taken a very long time. Very slow over time, were you at first not really noticed it, or didn’t want too. Then you wanted your old self back and tried one of those super hip diets and . . . and then you tried again . . . and again . . . does that sound familiar?
Unfortunately, there is no magic diet. Getting help is effective only when we are willing to stop looking for magic and participate fully in solving our problem with the help of a helper.
Anyone trying to lose weight wants to lose it fast. However, evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually (about 4 to 8 pounds per month) are more successful because it is much easier to gradual change and maintain eating habits and introduce physical activity slowly.
Find out more about it and Register and book your free appointment here. Or, check out our website and use the Contact Form for more information.